Sunday, October 26, 2008

Here goes...

I caved.  I have been trying to tell myself i don't want or need a blog, that there is absolutely no point, no one will read it and i should be doing homework instead, but i have finally caved. I couldn't resist the urge!  I have been consistently reading Taleah and Sarah's blogs about being Mommies and thought It was my duty to enlighten the world about the life of a modern day college student. First of all, I am going on my 4th year of college. Now one might think this means i'm nearing the end and preparing to move into the world of careers, but no that sort of life wasn't for me. you see i'm on the six year plan (hopefully that doesn't turn into seven or eight although it sometimes seems like that will be my destiny)It's not that i don't take my education seriously, I'm just not the most industrious student that ever walked the face of this earth. I did the whole community college thing to save money and just ended up overstaying my welcome. Who wouldnt want to leave the land of 20$ a unit? So here I am, half way through my first semester at a "real school", the prestigious, the renowned, APU. (please note the sarcasm) 

*DISCLAIMER: I must add quickly that although the next few sentences may cause the reader to assume i greatly dislike my school, this is wrong. I am experiencing and learning things i never imagined possible, i have met some amazing people, and am recieving a 1st class education. now that thats been said...*

What at first seemed like a brilliant idea, has now produced more than one question in my mind. First of all, why am I paying so much friggen money when i could just go to a cal state!? Second of all, why did i want to go to a christian university so bad when all i do is try to find excuses not to go to chapel? Thirdly, why did NO one tell me how many people at this school would  drive me to the very edge of insanity? These people i tell you! On more than one occasion i have found myself trying to get to my next class on time, stuck at the bottom of a small staircase waiting, because blond bimbo's 1 and 2 cant figure out that the rest of the world works off a right side of the road mentality. It should be illegal to walk, no STROLL, two abreast down the stairs especially when talking loudly of new iphones, rainbow sandals and what jared the senior who lives off campus is doing that night. after my 5th encounter with this scenario i just couldn't handle it and pushed my way directly in between the two unsuspecting victims, giving a loud snort of dissaproval and muttering under my breath that "some people  actually need to get to class and graduate around here..." later hoping that they will not find out i'm on the six year plan. So there it is, my first ever semi-grownup-non-myspace blog. I wonder if anyone will read it?

3 comments:

Alyssa said...

I read it, and I love it. It is so intriguing!

Molly McGregor said...

thank you!! i dont even know you, or do i?

Jo Jo said...

I read it too! You know me...well kinda...I don't think we've ever actually met, but I feel like I know you!